mardi, septembre 06, 2005

A typical Monday ?

07:55 : %&@#!$!
07:56 : Crawling to shower room
08:05 : Exit shower
08:15 : Enter the office (the great thing of leaving just above your office is that even when you are a pathologically later like me, you can never be that late anyway)
until 12 : reports and finance, my favorites for a good monday morning (no kidding!)
12:00 to 14:00 : Aaaaaaaaaah lunch at La casa, the best osso bucco in town (maybe of Africa, who knows ?), coffee, sun, life is sweet…
14:00 Back to work (yeah it doesn’t sounds realistic, but it is true) until (oh woaw!) 18:20

Interlude
During the afternoon :
[A. is a Mediterranean guy working for a huge multinational organization. He could also have been called Z. but it seems the name is already taken.]
From A to C.:
Thanks for lunch! I must tell you that both the salad and the beef were even more tasty today!
After my siesta I realize that I really should follow the D. paradigm and go for a week of Detox. Maybe the odd film though or more black adder?
T. called me to ask if either you or I had found a couple of rechargeable batteries in our respective living rooms. She seems very concerned so do let me know.

From C. to A.:
oh - the email is working again ?
vietnamese food is like many things the older the better (well there is limit consumption date though)
films sounds good with Tea? (what odd film ??)
Ihave not found any battery in my living room, what do they look like ?

[yes, sometimes you are not quite sure what a battery looks like, everybody can ask stupid questions right ?]
From A. to C. :
The batteries are small and cylindrical at a guess. Do keep your eyes open just in case (in your car, under your pillows on the couch etc). As for films, there is a good Korean police thriller with a twist ('Memories of Murder') which I really am keen to see again (to take some mental notes).
Interested?

From C. to A.:
Korean film sounds good to me, when where with whom?
From A. to C. :
Concerning the 'Where? When and with whom?' I am easy really. Just so long as it is a quiet do.
From C. to A.:
should I call you after working hours at your place then ? or just pop up around 7 ?
From A. to C. :
Just pop in around 7. If you want film, bring your laptop.

Yeah Ok then the light version means 7 emails are needed to organize a movie evening between 2 persons, not that efficient, but Mondays are always a slow start, right. Anyway I know people that can do worse with a mobile phone…

18:20 : Chat session
18:50: Lying on the sofa, trying to gather the energy to drive through the other side of the town (well it’s 10 minutes OK, but still), discuss work with Z trying to convince him that what we need is a quiet evening with a movie, he doesn’t buy the idea and prefer going straight to bed instead (what? Korean movie doesn’t sounds that exciting ?)
20:15 arrive at A’s (it took a long time to gather my energy that day), tea is ready
20:30 drink tea (aperitif is a tradition ‘thou shall not skip’ when you are a French citizen living abroad – and that is called ‘rayonnement culturel’ my friends. Yes, works also with Chinese tea)
21:00 still drinking tea
21:30 drinking tea (OK it was not the same cup all along..)
22:00 start movie
00:00 start bonuses
00:30 discuss movie
01:00 eat dinner
02:00 fell asleep in the couch while speaking (probably absorbed by all these very interesting things I was saying)
02:30 find the energy to go back in the car and drive home
Oh my god wasn’t that movie idea the way to go to bed early ?
Failed to go to bed early (obviously)
04:00 wake up, I forgot the tea also contains “stay awake substance”
05:00 still up, mmmh interesting
06:30 grrmpf zzzzzzzzzz grrmpf zzzzzz
And that is why I am now writing stupid post instead of focusing on that oh so thrilling report (with lots of action, a bit of romance and interesting characters indeed).

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

!!! Bon anniversaire !!!

Signé Maman, Papa, Minh et Ulysse
(Rose-Anne et Paul sont en ouikende en Normandie)

Anonyme a dit…

Avec un peu de retard : Bon anniversaire ma cousine.

Thanou